This is special trekking trek for those who would like have experience night trek on Mount Rinjani without camping or overnight stay. This trek start from Senaru entrance gate trek up to crater rim 2641 m above sea level in one night and one day journey. You will see spectacular view sun rising on the top of Mt. Rinjani and beautiful views of Segara anak lake when you reach Senaru Crater Rim at 06.00 am. Applicable for experience trekkers or those who are in good condition and fit.
Photo graph : Taman Nasional Mt. Rinjani, Elevation : 3,726 meters, Location : Lombok, Indonesia, Type : Stratovolcano (active)
Area : 41,330 acres.
21.00 Depart from your hotel in Senggigi or Mataram area by car drive for 2 hours to Senaru Village, meet your guide at the village and get some briefing.
23.30 Start trekking through thick tropical forest to POS 1 1 (750M) 1,5 hours, takes some rest here and continue to Pos 2 Montong Satas (1500M) 2 hours. Than on to Pos 3 Mondokan Lokak (2000M) 2 hours. From Pos 3 continue treks up for another 2 hours to Senaru Crater Rim (2641M). Reach the crater rim around 06.00am – 06.30 am, enjoy the spectacular views of Segara Anak Lake, Baby Volcano, Summit of Mt. Rinjani and sun rising on the top of Mt. Rinjani.
Stay at the crater rim for 2 hours to enjoy the views and breakfast. After breakfast descent to the village through same route for 4 or 5 hours walk, lunch en route. Reach the village around 13 or 14 pm than transfer back to Senggigi or Mataram area. Program end
- Return transportation from Senggigi or Mataram area to the trekking point
- 1 x Breakfast (Toasted bread with jam + Tea or coffee)
- 1 x Lunch (Egg+ Cheese + Tomato Sandwich )
- Safe drinking bottled water
- Trekking guide
- Entrance ticket
- Fresh fruit (banana, apple, pineapple), biscuits and chocolate bar
What to bring/wear:
- Torch or Flashlight
- Spray for muscle/balm
- Camera, Handicam (Manual or Digital)
- Small towel
- 1 Tshirt
- Long trek pants/wind proof
- Windproof Jacket
- Trek stick/lekki
- Rain coat
- Accommodation before and after the trek
- Personal expenses, tip to guide, porter and driver